1. Goods and Services Auction - Even though this event is not scheduled until Sunday, June 29th, at 1:30 at the Bark Park, we need everyone’s help to make this a big, successful Bark Park community event. This is a great opportunity for Bark Park members, pet therapy handlers, and everyone who has a dog to get involved in a fun community event. Everyone has a talent, something they can do, a hobby, and favorite pastime. Now you can share that special talent with others and help the Bark Park raise money to continue with community events, for improvements to the outside Bark Park property, to support community events, for educational programs, etc. A member of Paws Hand Delivered or the Bark Park Board of Advisors will be calling all Bark Park members and PHD members to ask for a donation of a service or even the donation of an item. In addition, you must come to the event and see what bargains are available. We already have people donating to paint a room, take people on a champagne pontoon boat ride around the lake, a kayak trip on the Geneva swamp, piano lessons, or admission for four to Splash Lagoon just to name a few. A list of all items to be auctioned will be available the first week of June so we need your donation of a service or item as soon as possible. If you already know of something to donate, just send me an email at email@example.com and we can finalize the information. So, get involved with this fun event. And remember, be sure to come to the event and see who bids on the service you are donating, or come and see what bargain you can try to win or be entered in a few special drawings during the event. For more information, contact Sue at 814-382-2478 .
2. Community Flea Market – Clear out all those items in the attic and cellar that you are no longer using and purchase a table at the Community Flea Market, June 7th, at the Bark Park. The cost is $12.00 for a table 18’x20’. If you don’t want the hassle of having your own table, donate your items to the Bark Park table. Donations can be dropped off every day at the trailer located behind the Dog House. Finally, come and join the fun and find that hidden treasure waiting for you to discover. Hours are 8:00 – 2:00, $.50 per person admission fee, refreshments available to purchase.
3. Canine Carnival – Re-scheduled for June 7th, and will occur at the same time as the Community Flea Market. General information and schedule available online here.
4. Training classes begin outdoors at the Bark Park on Tuesday and Wednesday, June 3+4. Contact Katara Peters, Groovy Pooch training, at 814-763-5968 for more information and to sign up.
5. Lure cursing is coming to the Bark Park on Sunday June 22nd. Dock diving is also scheduled for that day. Every dog is welcome to try this exciting dog performance sport. More information will be available online or contact Melanie at the Dog House, 814-382-2267.